Presbyterian worship began at Green’s Shore, now Summerside, about 1853 in the private home of Rev. R.S.Patterson. Other places of worship were the Western School and Brown’s Hall until the construction of a church began in 1862 on the Joseph Green property on North Market Street. The congregation at first was included in the Richmond Bay charge, but became a seperate charge in 1871. The first resident minister was Rev Neil MacKay.
In 1966 it was decided to build a new church.The dedication service was held on April 2,1969 with Rev John S.Macbride presiding as our minister at our present location of 130 Vctoria Road. It was constructed on land donated by Ernest and Minnie Walker.
In 2003 Summerside Presbyterian Church celebrated their 150 th anniversary.
In 2005 we noticed that our church was showing signs of aging and it was agreed that the congregation would build a new church.
October 2011, we had our first worship in our new church…it is fitting that it was Thanksgiving weekend. ” Faith in our Future “was our building campaign slogan and truly reflects who we are as a congreation.
We are a “Leading with Care” congregation: