Part Time Position Available
Director of Music – Summerside Presbyterian Church
As one of the leaders in the service of praise, the Director of Music shall be willing to work in unison with the Minister, the choir and other church staff. Through a balance of musical styles, the Director of Music will provide a variety of appropriate music to enrich worship services at Summerside Presbyterian Church.
Full job description see below
Applications can be emailed to
or submitted to the church office at
130 Victoria Rd
Choir Director/ Musician
Summerside Presbyterian Church
“The church lives to praise God. We have no higher calling than to offer the worship that belongs to God day by day, Sunday by Sunday.”
(Living Faith 7.3.1)
Music is an integral part of Summerside Presbyterian’s life and worship.
As one of the leaders in the worship service, the Choir Director shall be willing to work with the Minister, choir and other Church staff. Through a balance of diverse musical styles, the Choir Director will provide a variety of music to enrich worship services at Summerside Presbyterian Church.
This is part-time contract position with the Choir Director being responsible to the Session through the Minister.
The Choir Director shall ensure that the following requirements are met:
- To offer assistance to the Minister in the selection of congregational hymns
- To research, plan, prepare and play music (prelude, offertory, postlude etc.) for the Sunday worship services, and special liturgical celebrations including, but not limited to, Maundy Thursday and Christmas Eve
- To maintain a suitable balance of diverse musical styles to encourage and facilitate congregational singing
- To work with the choir to select Ministries of Music that will enrich our worship and offer a balance of musical styles
- To work with the choir to establish a regular practice schedule
- To ensure that there will be time allotted prior to each service to go over the music for that day
Professional & Personal Skills
- Ability to play the piano is a necessity
- Ability to play a 2 manual, 18 stop Casavant organ will be considered an asset
- Vocal and choral skills to train and lead a choir
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and easily to changing situations
Terms of Employment
- Renumeration will be based on qualifications and experience and will be negotiated between the successful candidate and the Personnel Committee.
- The Choir Director will be entitled to four weeks of paid vacation.